Friday, October 11, 2013

The Moment of Truth

A couple months ago (the beginning of June) after I had taken the ACT for the first time. My mom and I felt a separate times that I should apply for BYU-Provo. I talked to her about it, and decided just to go for it.

My original plan was to start at a community college in Oklahoma somewhere and then transfer later. However since we felt so strongly about applying for BYU for the winter semester, that is what I did.

I have been waiting to receive an email from BYU of quite some time now. But the moment finally came. When I saw that BYU admissions had sent me an email my body literally froze and my heart started thumping basically out of my chest. I got up from the living room and went to the privacy of my own room before clicking on the email. It was the moment I had been waiting for. Yet I hesitated. I took a deep breath and opened the email, which then sent me to another link.
When I read the email I didn't say a word. I rushed out to my mom and Whitney. When I showed them the email the tears flowed. I had felt that I should apply. My testimony has been strengthened by this experience. When we are on the Lord's errand we cannot fail. I don't know where I would be without the guidance of the Holy Ghost in my life. The gospel is my center and without it I would completely lost. I am grateful to be where I am now, and to have to truth and guidance of the gospel to help me be better everyday.

No comments: